BRI is a type of ISDN connection, found most likely in residential services. BRI allows a single telephone line to carry voice, video, and data simultaneously to give you a better and more efficient and affordable service.
BRI connections are characterized as:
- ISDN channel totalling a data rate of 144kbps: two 64 kbps (B) channels and one 16 kbps (D) channel
- B channels are used for voice or user data, while D channels are used for control and signalling and/or X.25 packet networking.
With a BRI service has the following features:
- Carry voice, video and data simultaneously
- All-digital service
- Flexible capacity on demand by using existing wiring
A BRI service has the following benefits:
- Enables efficiency by simultaneously transmitting voice, video, and data
- Improves customer service for your company by allowing multiple calls to be received over one line
- Increases transmission accuracy and speed by operating over a digital network. Digital network reduces errors in data transmission and allows data to be sent at higher speeds compared to analog modems.
- Improves network connectivity by allowing multiple locations to share information without the need for a dedicated line
- Increases the speed and flexibility of communications from remote or home office locations.
- BRI Saves money by operating over the twisted-pair wiring. This means that no special cabling is necessary.
Get a BRI or Basic Rate Interface Quote Now!
or Call Toll Free: 866-288-8235
By filling out the free quote, you can find a Basic Rate Interface around you and/or more information about ISDN BRI!